Sunday, July 31, 2011

My COWBOYS & ALIENS review

COWBOYS & ALIENS is such a great title, the movie doesn’t have to be good. People will see it based on the concept alone.

This movie could almost be called GENERIC SUMMER MOVIE. It has all the most popular elements of every summer movie from the past 30 years -- it's loud, it has aliens, it has Harrison Ford, it's based on a comic book -- what more do you need?

COWBOYS & ALIENS is basically plotless and doesn‘t make a lot of sense, like all summer action movies. I really don't have much to say about it. The special effects are impressive, and the aliens are cool. I guess it's a harmless way to spend two hours.

I usually hate it when a British actor tries to do an American accent, but Daniel Craig acquits himself well here.

I saw the movie in 2-D but I felt like I should have been wearing 3-D glasses because things kept reaching out at the screen at me.

I guess to me the most interesting thing about seeing the movie was seeing the preview for the movie BATTLESHIP (based on the old kids' game from the 1970s.) BATTLESHIP the movie looks way different than anyone thought it would. It actually looks like it should be called TRANSFORMERS 4. I still don’t want to see it, but at least it doesn’t have that douche-bag Shia LaBouf in it!

No comments: